View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I read alot of books for pleasure. Deb, I have read all of the Stephanie Plum series and just pre ordered the new one. Isn't the grandmother a hoot?

I like to read alot of mysteries and legal thrillers, and also belong to a book club where we mainly read fiction. This week for Book club we are supposed to discuss our favorite book that the group has read. I am having trouble picking out one. Some of my favorites from are list are: The Historian, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Kite Runner, The Secrers of the Divine Ya Ya Sisterhood, Bel Canto, Easter Island,Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Middlesex,Snow Flowe and the Secret Fan, The Da vinci Code, The Girl With a Pearll Earring, The House on Lake Devine, The Secret Life of Bees, and The Poisonwood Bible.

So if you are looking for a good read, I would recommend all of these. Also if you are looking for a light summer read, the following of authors have fun female detective series: Nevada Barra, Dana Stabenow, Sarah Paretsky, Marcia Mueller, Susan Whiting Albert, Susan Grafton. some of their books are better than others. I also like Alexander McCall Smith's books. Ok, I am stopping now. Who has time to watch tv? There are too many books to read.
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote