Thread: surgery success
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile surgery success

It has been a while since I posted. I had right sided TOS surgery on December 12th. I had rib removal and scalenectomy for arterial and venous TOS. I had immediate relief in my right hand, warmness, pulse, decreased acheness and no numbness. The recovery was a little rough. I had a tube in my lung for 10 days and breathing was a challenge. I also had difficulty with all the pain meds making me very sick. I finally decided to suck it up and deal with the pain instead of being sick. The biggest key to my successful recovery was finding a PT that knew about TOS and how to treat a patient recovering from the surgery. He was a blessing. I returned to work (school teacher) in March and have had very few symptoms. Mostly I still deal with mild shoulder pain/wkness and that is it. I wanted to post a success story as I feel that once people are ok, they move on and only those that are suffering are looking for help. It is good to know that TOS is not always a life sentence with only negative outcomes.
Celi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (06-04-2008), Jomar (06-04-2008)