View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Daisymay

It's nice to know there was a large crowd to see them off. I'll be here praying they will be able to complete their mission and return to us soon - safe and whole.

With each minute that goes by, I become more worried about my son. Tomorrow morning, it will be ONE WEEK since my son left on deployment. That's a LOT of minutes! His base is on the west coast, so I was not able to see him off. He promised me over the phone he would call when he got there. He's not attached to any apron strings - we just wanted his address to send him stuff. There was also some confusion about exactly where he was going. At first it was Iraq, then he led me to believe it was Yemen. I highly suspect he's in Iraq. We left a message on his phone to call us as soon as possible.

My ex-husband has been trying to reach him too, but now my son's phone isn't working at all. My ex thinks he's in Iraq because he said he tried to talk my son out of going - said he could use my illness and his "only child" status as an excuse. He also told him not to mention his position (auxiliary special forces, guarding the base) or location to me because he knew how much it would upset me. Yeah, I'd be upset - but lies upset me even more. My ex never did understand that part about me.

I just want to know the general location - i.e., name of country, other than "desert." I honestly feel like I can't breathe until I hear from him. I know I have to be patient, but everything else in my life will have to be on hold too - can't think straight.

As obsessed as I am about my son, I will also be praying for your ((marines)).
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (06-04-2008), ewizabeth (06-04-2008)