Thread: Optic Neuritis?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 07:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ON was the one of my first recorded symptoms. One day I notice that I was not reading a clock correctly (it was 11.00 am and I thought it said 1.00 pm). Within a few days, my vision had sort of 'greyed out' and it felt like I was trying to see through fog.

Within a week, I had really blurry sight, and huge fields of blindness in my vision. At this stage, I didn't even imagine MS (although my coordination, bladder and balance were affected - then I started getting numbness in my fingers and feet and was falling asleep all the time).

I went to an optometrist a few weeks later, and she prescribed glasses for me - but they didn't do much at all.

I knew nothing about MS, and I kept expecting that I would just wake up the next day with everything working. I figured it was stress - I had just lost my mother.

It took six months to clear completely, and my vision still gets blurry with fatigue and heat.

But, that's enough about me, if I were you I would let my neuro know - so it can be documented. Apparently, the ocular nerve is the only one that they can see from outside the body. If you are waiting on a Dx, you would be wise to see someone.

Hope it gets better for you soon

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote