View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Tracey,

It was well worth your try, and I personally would want more than one answer on a phone - I'd try to get at least two in-person consults.

To everyone else - remember that Tracey is in Brittain - not U.S.

In the U.S., NEGLIGENCE is NOT an issue, in fact it was why our work comp system was formed in the first place. Instead of the injured worker waiting to gather evidence and have a trial as to whether the employer was injured, a "statutory" system was devised and implemented in the hopes that the injured worker would just say, "hey I'm hurt here at work" and immediately get good medical care and be back to work ASAP.

Now, that's not unfortunately how it works every time in the U.S. because the insurance companies like to argue that the injury was: not done on the job, an old non-work injury that was not affected by the job, a complete lie, and so on. The insurance companies are the reason the work comp system is not working right, now. (My opinion.)

But back to Tracey - if the UK system requires some sort of fault to the employer, then she needs to seek consults in her area and follow the barristers' advice in her area.

Our (US) advice is no good to her. Different system, different laws, it sounds like from her post.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote