Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Idealist and Julie

Both my husband and younger son have bouts of clinical depression related to their Tourette Syndrome.

They both benefit from OTC supplements although they respond best to different ones...my husband likes St John's Wort, while my son does best on low dose 5HTP with VitB6 and Inositol
They both got meanie side effects from regular SSRI meds, which is why the supps are a real blessing to them, and have the added advantage of also keeping their OCD at bay!

I have joined the discussion cuz I so agree it would be good to have this forum become more active. Depression is something I think all humans experience to greater or lesser degrees, just not always "clinical" by definition.

Having a support group to vent and share with is so valuable, isnt it! So reassuring to be able to talk to people who really understand because they have had similar experiences, either in themselves or with loved ones. One of the things my husband recalls from his youth is being told to "just get over it" when he became depressed Enough to cause another downward spiral eh! I am so thankful that my son has had the benefit of a dad who can truly empathise and just "be there" for him

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote