View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gone Through 3 Times

Hello smccoox. First off nice to meet you. Second sorry to hear you have RSD/RND.
My name is Austin i am 18 and have had RSD/RND for over 5 years now. And have been to Dr. Sherrys Program 3 times all ready. Believe it or not 13 is the common age alot of kids start with it. Its even the age i started. I started with RSD in my Left foot from a injury. Went to sherrys program for the first time and after 3 weeks i was able to use my foot again as well as trained myself to be able to live with the pain to the point i could ignore it. Sadly mine came back again in both knees, both hands/wrists and my chest wall, went down to the program again and went through a week of therapy and was able to get those parts under control. But sadly again mine came back and it came back hard as ever, it came back in the nerves around my heart and also in my stomach. Went down for therapy again and sadly this time the program failed to do anything and the week after i came back it also took both my eyes. But do not worry most kids go down for the first time and are fine. Others maybe a second time but usually only once or twice. The biggest thing to remember is not to give up and push yourself beyond what you want to. Cause thats whats going to make you better. For the day program no you do not stay overnight there. You come into the Seashore house and start at 8am and leave at 4pm. It is a very vigorous physical therapy program. You will get a schedule and on it you will have 3 OT's, 3 PT's, Lunch And Than A Music Time Or Talk Time those 2 switch each day so one day you'll have Talk Time and another you will have Music Therapy. Oh and i forgot you will have pool each morning except Thursday you'll have yoga. Heres An Example:

Pool
PT
OT
PT
Lunch
Talk Time
OT
PT
And i am not joking when i say you will be exhausted at the end of the day.
If you want to know anything else just let me know.
LordWood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (06-06-2008)