View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Introduction from an newbie

Hello all-

As a new member, I wanted to both introduce myself and inquire about help for my situation. I am so lucky to have found this useful website! My name is Robin, and a 37 year old mother of 3 children and I reside in Connecticut. I would describe myself as active person. I used to go to the gym play tennis; etc. But, since March I have suspended all activities because of my symptoms. Last week, I was diagnosed with both a pineal cyst (12mm) and a colloid cyst of the third ventricle that is 6mm. I also learned that I have degenerative disk problems/herniated disk in two regions. I have been having symptoms since February of 2008. They have been consistent and fluctuate in severity from mildly uncomfortable to just plain unbearable.
My doctors were trying to diagnose MS. To date, I have had 3 major episodes and last Friday, I ended up in the emergency room for 7 hours waiting to see my neurologist! It was really uncomfortable to wait in the waiting room for so long! My symptoms on Friday morning, were Trouble clarity of thought; pain tremor right hand; pain in hands with numbness. My right hand pain was really severe. My hand felt like it was pulling and burning. My right toes and foot were numb; my nose, Cheek, tongue on my right were pulling and burning and very painful. My right
shoulder and arm was heavy. And I kept getting Waves of a headache like
senation going down my head. My eyes hurt and my vision felt blurry. Doctors noted the above symptoms did an MRI; bloodwork;urine, etc.
My episodes last about 8 days. Today, I feel better but my vision is still blurry; my right cheek,and eye area are still numb. I am usually very active but I still remain exhausted. I have to really concentrate on every task now I used to be able to multi-task. My handwriting is so diffferent now as it hurts to write. Does anyone else notice that their symptoms get worse after a shower or excercise?

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Is this the MS that they couldn't diagnose or is is this from the two cysts? I am on Neurotonin; Mobic
and CoQ10. Can anyone recommend a good neurologist in the NY/CT/Boston area? I saw this week a neurosurgeon in NY Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell.)

Thank you for listening to my story and help would be most appreciated,
Robin
momto3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote