View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Many thanks TShadow - i think that it is right that in the UK there has to be some sort of proven negligence. I have just copy and pasted this piece of info from a website i have found on google:

Making an RSI Claim
Filed Under (Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)) by admin on 21-03-2008
If you have suffered from RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) as a result of the negligence of your employer, you may be entitled to make an RSI claim for personal injury compensation. RSI is not a recognised medical condition, but a term used to describe a range of injuries caused by repetitive movements or overuse. Repetitive strain injury affects the muscles, tendons and nerves and is usually associated with injuries to the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders and neck.

Unlike most personal injury claims at work which involve some form of accident, RSI claims are based on injuries caused by repetitive movements over a period of time, rather than a single event. However, RSI compensation claims are still made in the exact same way as all other personal injury claims under the law of negligence.

In order to make a successful claim for RSI compensation, it is essential to be able to prove the following:

That your employer knew, or ought to have known, that you were exposed to risk of injury through the work that you were doing;
That your employer failed to take any reasonable steps to prevent or reduce this risk of injury; and
That your injury was caused, either fully or partially, by the work you were required to carry out and your employer’s failure to take reasonable steps to minimise this risk.
If you have suffered from a repetitive strain injury (RSI) caused by the work you do, and feel that you RSI may have been caused by the negligence of your employer, you may be entitled to make a no win no fee personal injury compensation claim. Contact a personal injury solicitor who will be happy to discuss your RSI claim and the potential compensation you could be entitled to.

Thanks to everyone for their advice - it is greatly appreciated.
x
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote