View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default How long would you wait?

I've got bad vertigo this week, and my right eye is super dim right now (I was just sitting outside with my parents)

My neuro said he'd give me steroids if this lasted longer than a day. (oral Pred) It's now halfway thru day 2 of the dizzies, and I talked to the neuro earlier and he said he'd give me the choice of IV or the oral, and he seems to be pushing the oral.

I'm just not particularly thrilled with the thought of steroid side effects. Almost tempted to try to wait out the dizzies. (hey, I'll lose weight this way, food is not totally appealing to me right now)

He told me to up my dosage of Meclizine and to call him by friday morning if I want a Rx for the 'roids. I'm starting to already rethink my decision to try to wait this out. I just dont want to deal with the nasty tasting prednisone, and the stomach problems and all the other side effects. I could do the IV, but a lot of the side effects can be worse with that, since the neuro told me it's stronger.

I just dont know if I can wait another day. This is the one symptom that I really dont deal with very well at all. The numb and tingly stuff is really annoying, but it was easier to deal with.

I just dont like feeling like I'm drunk when I didnt even get to have the fun of drinking flavored drinks all night.

Right now I've got ice on my head (inbetween typing sentences here) trying to cool off the brain so that hopefully I wont be so dizzy and that my vision wont be so dim.

why does MS have to be so <swear word> annoying???

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote