Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Question

How does one convince their husband that his mother and father needs to go into assisted living????? Its a very LOOONG story, but heres a short version.
My inlaws live in a retirement home which has and assisted living and alzheimers unit. I work in the AL/alz unit. My MIL has a form of leukemia and a lung infection. Both are noncurable. My FIL has dementia. They live on the 3rd floor of the retirement bldg, and in case of fire neither one could walk down the stairs if they had to. Home health gives my mil a bath and checks in on her almost every day. i do their laundry, and make sure they are eating and when they dont i do the cooking and take it to them. I'm usually the one who takes them to their dr appts and buys their grocerys. There is a suite opening up in the AL unit, and the director of the place is aware of my inlaws failing health and told me she thought they needed to move. Neither my husband nor his brother thinks they need to move to AL. My BIL says its not up to us to decide and if they want to try and remain independant then we should let them. The problem is, is they are NOT independant. My BIL lives in Oregon and just left this morning to go home from a week long stay here in Ok. I'm feeling frustrated, and overwhelmed, and i have a feeling the director of the place they live is going to approach them about moving. I dont know this for sure, its just a hunch. I guess for now i wait and see what happens.
This could get interesting.....
vicky
FeelinGoofy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote