View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where pn-ers are posting

I signed onto OBT yesterday, as was stunned to find how many of the old pn forum were posting there. I became concerned that to follow what's going on with my old friends, and help new ones, I'd have to check both places daily, and actually belong to OBT, which I'm loathe to do.

I'm stunned at how many folk post there. John took $10,000 from us and used it to fund a retreat for Second Lifers, who were acting as moderators. He used this money to "buy land" in the virtual world, and to pay rent. He leveraged us so he could sell himself as an expert at maintaining online communities, when, in fact, he had no interest in our community once he'd gotten his goal---a good-paying gig at Second Life. He refuses to make the financials of his non-profit available, which he is ethically bound to do. And he brags all over the web at how braintalk has helped fund his island at Second Life and shown him as a leader in online community.

Here we are with DocJohn being transparent, real, warm and honest. Why are people going back to a forum which has already failed us, run by someone who has been dishonest, callus, and dictatorial? I do not get it.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote