View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguins View Post
Erin - I hate being in that position. Personally, I use the steroids b/c I hate the symptoms and figure why suffer. Of course, my first two times, I used IVSM and it not only worked like a charm, the side effects were pretty much nil.

But as I'm sure you read, I just finished an horrendous course of oral prednisone. And i'm still struggling - and have been thinking about asking my neuro for an IVSM course. I was going to call today to get it started, but just didn't have the energy. I actually see him tomorrow....I might ask. Just such a pain in the butt. And it is costly (a few hundred $$ vs $30 for the pills). However, with that said, I don't think I will EVER agree to take those pills again. OMG - I just keep telling myself that it would have gotten worse had I not taken them....because if I believe otherwise, I get upset and even nuttier.

Good luck - vertigo and double vision STINK!!

~Keri
I may just ask him for the IV...have to see which one he pushes over the other... If I do the IV, I'm taking a bunch of crochet/knitting stuff with me. I really hated the taste of the oral pred last year. Taking it with some lemon flavored yogurt (lemon meringue Yoplait) helped it a little bit. At least I didnt get bad stomach aches when I ate yogurt with the steroids.

I'm just tired of the vertigo already, and am hoping that if I do a steroid that I'll get some visual benefits from it too.

Maybe I can get a couple of days of the IV with a taper chaser.

I just hope that if I take the steroids, all the weird little piddly MS things will leave me alone for awhile...the numb toes (used to be the entire foot) and the weird dim vision, the vertigo...and hopefully the steroids will help my sore back that I dont think is MS related.

I just dont want to get a ton of infections like I did after the last steroid I did last year. Ended up with bacterial vaginosis, MRSA in my nose, and I just hated having to constantly go potty because the steroids made me pee every 2 minutes.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote