Thread: RSD Symptoms
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Not sure if I have RSD?

I was injured almost 3 1/2 years ago. About a year after the injury (herniated disc L4-5) I started to have pains in both of my legs. Sometimes I even notice my legs seem cold even when the rest of my body is not cold. About 2 months ago I had a bone fusion on L4-5 and now the pain is still in my right leg, but worse in my left leg. Since the surgery I have an area of my upper thigh on my left leg that is now numb and tends to have a burning sensation from time to time. This area can also be very sensitive from time to time as well. The pain that I feel in my legs is constant....I feel the pain around the clock and it's painful! My dr. just started me on Neurontin this week and hoping it will have a good affect on me. Besides the Neurontin I am also taking percosets which I've been taking for over 3 years for my back pains, etc. Does it seem possible that I have RSD? The only dr. that I've been seeing on a semi regular basis is the orthpaedic surgeon. He is in Massachusetts where I used to live, but now reside in FL. Fortunately I have finally found a pain management center here in FL that will accept my Massachusetts workers compensation claim so hopefully I can start to get the care I need...sorry for making this post so long...it's just been a very long road that has been very frustrating for me. I've been out of work for 3 1/2 years now due to the back injury, and all of the pain that I've been experiencing. Looking forward to hearing any thoughts that anyone might have on this. Thanks!
weso18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote