View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile don't give up too soon

Just wondering how long you've been on Topamax (or others) before you disconitnue use. I was sicker when I was first starting on Neurontin too, but only for the first month or two. The same thing with amitryptiline - i got pretty nauseas at first. But then it just helps more and more with the pain. Don't give up too quickly - that's my "motto."

Except, of course, if you faint or suddenly blind (which happen sometimes with Topamax) - BUT, only in the initial week. If you have glaucoma you shouldn't be on it. If you're one of those people who react violently to some drugs, just be on the viscninity of Emergency Room in the first week.

Also you should start in small dose (or very small dose if you get too much side effects), then increase every one or two weeks, depending on how your body reacts. If you still nauseous, for example, wait until the side effects gone before you go up the dose. And when you go up the dose and you got too sick that you can't manage, go back to the previous dose. Then try again after a week or two. These kind of thing only you could decide - with approval of your doctor.

hope you feel better soon.
agnuscrucis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote