View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Question Genetic pattern in sleep disorders?

Hi
I am interested to know whether anyone with sleep probs has noticed that it may run in families?

I am usually up with the birds and struggle to be anything but a blob past 11.30pm..............but my husband is the exact opposite (and his dad before him) and our two sons seem to have his night owl tendency too. Been like that since they were tiny

Because my husband has always worked for himself, he has been able to cope with his routine, and tends to catnap around the clock and work in between.......... but both son's have only managed to cope with school routine by taking melatonin in low dose (600 mcg) each night (any higher dose and they get mega restless/edgy) but come the vacations and they are up all night, sleep all day and my son in college has specifically signed up for class times starting after noon and many night classes........

so
it does seem a bit uncanny to me that both boys have dad and grandpas night owl tendency, even tho I tried to establish a different pattern for them since infancy

any research/info on this for me?

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote