View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks about the info on the Thorlo. I'll go and check right now.

Mrs. D.

Alan has had psoriasis for over 20 years. The lesions come and go. We've tried everything. Alan's ulcer has nothing to do with his psoriasis. He has somekind of bone impinging thing near the ulcer. That's why they did the C.R.O.W. boot.

He heals just fine. Always has. If he didn't have this bone impinging thing, he would have no problem with the ulcer healing. But he never let it heal all the way through before he walked on it. That's why this C.R.O.W. should let this heal completely. It oft loads the ulcer completely.

This callus is left over from before he had the operation. Alan has had it debrided only two times since the operation. And he has walked on it (BEFORE THE C.R.O.W.).

My question is this. Now that he IS NOT PUTTING ANY PRESSURE on the foot ulcer area, will the callous around it melt away?? Or do you think the doctor will debride it on the 11th? I think he'll say "oh, it's healing nicely, let me debride it". Or he'll say "you should go to your podiatrist and let HIM debride it' Now why would he say this, if he's the one who debrided it the last two times. Alan has seen so many doctor's I'm getting all flubustered over these visits.

And Alan eats plenty of fish now, and takes Flax seed every day. So he gets plenty of Omega 3.

His psoriasis is everyplace but his feet. On his elbows, on the shin of one leg (not the other. We got rid of the ones behind the ears. I use Vitamin E Oil and A D and E ointment. It helps a great deal.

This is all auto immune. At least this is what his doctor has told us.

There are more expensive psoriasis treatments out there, but honestly, when we use the Vitamin E oil and then slather on the A D and E ointment, well it gets much better.

BUT.... the boot goes to the knee, which prevents any air from getting to his foot. Thats the down side of wearing a boot. No air goes to the lesions.

P.S. We use Olivio every day. I love it!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote