View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New implants-an implant is an implant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post
Hi, I have been asking questions all over this site about the saftey of breast implants. Has anyone had problems with the new silicone implants. These were put on the market in Nov. 2006 saying that they are a cohesive type gel that won't run out if ruptured. The Platnium level contained in the implant is in the zero oxidation state. They say toxicology testing has indicated that the the silicone material used in Mentor implants does not cause toxic reactions when large amounts are administered to test animals. Poor animals. I hate animal testing. I need to know if these new implants are any better than the old ones. I don't want to get implants if there is any truth that they cause problems. Too many people are telling me how great they are. I know people w/ implants and none of them seem sick. Then I read about people on this forum and they say their "old style" implants caused all their problems.

Please do not get these implants, it does not matter if they are old, new, or whatever.

I have been in the medical field for over thirty years and have had over four sets of ruptured implants both silicone, saline, old and new ones.

I had mine explanted and will NEVER recommend them for anyone. Reconstruction after cancer would be the only way and the auto immune response they create is not worth it.

You can look at the free booklets that companies give with the implants or before implants and read in between the lines.

Just think of these as IV bags in your chest and IV's grow fungus after so many years and hace expiration dates.

When you think of the foreign body reaction response the body has, it should scare you.

Most people will tell you they are great have not had them for many years but they companies themself give them a shelf life. They will need to be changed out and the scarring, immune problems, and other issues they will cause later, is NOT worth it.

I am speaking from experience. The coating or shell has not changed and the compisition of them are basically chemicals that the body will respond to as a foreing body. They are not inert and are permeable and leak. The leakage goes into your body.

I hope that you use you money for a healthy option. I had a chest defect and was not after the large busted look and researched this immensley before being implanted.

It is not worth putting your health at risk. BJ
babsie1952 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (06-05-2008)