View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am glad you will see a neuro!! I have both complex migraines as well as partial seizures. I do not have the hallucinations of the demons etc, but I do have some of the things you mentioned. When I began taking Topamax for my severe migraines, some of the odd things I had for years started to come under control I had already planned on seeing a neurologist to have an EEG because so many things that I suspected were not part of my migraines needed testing. (My son has partial seizures and some things were getting alarmingly like his) I could wake in the morning and BARELY function at times. I could go the to store and need my kids to help guide me around the store in utter confusions SOMETIMES> the scariest part for me on those days was that I had DRIVEN them there. I had a severe numbness on my leftside on waking some days that went from my left temple, my face, mouth, down my left side that made me feel electrified, in pain, agitated and SO EXHAUSTED all day....After I began going up to 200 mg of Topamax, a very high dose for migraines this was tamed some and I actually had this start while I was awake and I had it start and spread from the left temple down my face, then in a stripe down my left arm into my left leg. It was a seizure...it was terrifying to have it during the day and know what was going on...(Having read so much about seizures, being an epilepsy educator for the epilepsy foundation even....I KNEW....) I was in the airport, traveling alone, my EEG had been 2 weeks prior but I did not have results yet....The pain and numbness was less intensebecause of the medication, but sleep deprivation from the trip had brought it on.

Before getting to my current doses my seizures could be long like yours, my migraines and seizures can be similar since they run along the same pathways. My neuro tells me how they can be overlapping.

the Best site i have found is to read
Emedicine migraine variants.

Once on medication it was easier to tell between the two and my seizures are short even when my migraines are long.

I hope you figure this out soon!
GInny
Guitarmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote