View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
I can see why you want to wait until the weekend goes by -- if you feel like you can deal with the MS crud. I'm just afraid you are in a flare up. I will tell you that I've done IV steroids 2x. The first time I had a long prednisone taper and it was absolutely horrible. Awful awful side effects. And then I had problems with fatigue, headache, abdominal cramps when the oral ended so they thought I was having adrenal insufficiency and put me back on 10 mg. so I would taper down from that. UGH. So the tapering took a month or more if I remember correctly. The second time after the IV I did no taper at all and it was SO much better--just unbelievably better. The neuro I spoke to today said that some people handle no taper more easily and have way more problems with the oral prednisone after the IV ends. I will tell you that when I did the no taper I did have about a week of feeling pretty funky (tired, felt like a truck ran over me) -- but I bounced back pretty quickly. So you might ask your neuro about an IV course with no taper. I can't even begin to tell you how much better it was and I will never do an oral taper of steroids after an IV again.

Oh, I think I've been in a flare since sometime in February of this year. Got optic neuritis in the right eye then. (the ON isnt getting better yet) In March, my right foot went numb down to the bone (it's getting better). My vision in my right eye has gotten worse in the past few weeks.

and now this week, I've had vertigo. So, I would not be surprised if I was in a flare or exacerbation right now.

I'm waiting to see how I feel tomorrow, if I have vertigo tomorrow like I've had, I'll call him up and get the Rx. I might not start to take it immediately, but I think I will get the Rx just in case I need it over the weekend.

I think I'm going to ask him for a Rx for some Nexium while I'm at it, because if I do take the steroid, I'm betting it will cause me tummy issues too.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote