View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm pretty much a "lurker" here, but your post caught my eye, as I have been to both locations.

First - thanks to the others who mention MS Center of Atl...I started going there in January and have not been too pleased with responsiveness. I really do like my neuro, but it once took me over three weeks to get an answer to a simple question, and that answer came from an appointment person who went to ask someone. When I asked if my doc was "always this difficult to reach" she responded "he can be." I should have tried the Shepherd Center, but I did not know there was more than one in Atlanta when I moved to GA.

I see Douglas Stuart there, and as I said, I really did like him - very straighforward, fun demeanor, and willing to explain things.

When I lived in KY, I was seen at Vandy by Dr. Sriram (they call him 'ram!) for a few years, and I can tell you he is my hero, and he helped me to "choose" the way I deal with my MS. He is a teacher, above all else, and he will talk with you and explain things to you. The decisions will be made by you with his input - but you will always have the final say in things.

He is not an "over-tester" - he never even ordered an MRI on me while I was his pt - just relied on the neuro exam. Turns out he was correct in this course...he knew my MRI's would show no changes, and the most recent one showed no changes.

Obviously, I think he is brilliant. If his nurse, Nora, is still there, you will be in good hands. The other staff could be sorta "hot and cold" - but if you mentioned it to doc or Nora that would be handled quickly.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat, but I'm way too far away at this point. Whatever you decide, best of luck!
siualum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote