View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Roy -
I acutally live on the north side of town. Dr. Kant at KSF Orthopedic diagnosed this and sent me to PT, but he doesn't know how to treat it so I'm looking for a doctor who can manage my treatment in the phases in-between diagnosis and surgery (which I'd prefer to avoid if possible).

Dr. Noon (surgeon noted on this and other TOS websites) referred me to James Killian (Baylor-Houston Med Center) or Igor Cherches (The Neurology Center of Houston). Both are in the medical center. I haven't seen either yet so I can't give an opinion on their knowledge. I did talk to the receptionist at Dr. Cherches. Not sure I feel all warm and cozy about their knowledge level of TOS (especially if you have vascular & neurological TOS). I'm waiting for a call back from Dr. Killian's assistant (just called them a few minutes ago).
---------
For my PT... My therapist said I'm only the 4th person he's treated for this and the 1st that wasn't a result of a trauma/injury. I don't know if I'd find a PT around here that has more TOS experience though (or how to find who that person may be). We're doing heat, TENS, massage, trigger point, stretching, postural training (strengthening muscles in shoulders/upper back to improve posture). He tried some machine that does traction, but I like the TENS better. Every session he's adding something new. I didn't ask, but it seems like he may be researching it and adding new things.

They haven't said anything about muscle spasms, just that my neck muscles are EXTREMELY tight and have had to modify some of my exercises so those muscles aren't aggrivated.

I haven't seen a chiropractor yet, but the massage therapist who had been working with me on my neck/shoulders before I was diagnosed gave me the name of someone she likes in the area. Not sure if they treat TOS.

Thank you for the link to the resources.... I've definately got alot of research to do still!
colleen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote