View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23angels View Post
I wouldn't say that I never worried about it for my kids, esp the one with Autism and already having Neurological problems. I truly believe my Mono had something to do with it. I always said I never fully recouped from having Mono. I wonder, do we still carry Mono in our systems and will that show up in my CSF? I wonder if they'll ever find out how people have MS.. kinda like will they ever truly find out about Autism?

~ M
EBV (Epstein Barr Virus, virus that causes mononucleosis) stays in your system...inactive, I believe. When I was getting all my fancy blood tests to see what could have been causing my problems, my EBV titer came back positive. It had been 10yrs since I had mono.

I also think that I never fully recovered from the mononucleosis. I've just never felt the same since then. I would not be surprised if when they figure out exactly what causes MS, that mono would be the culprit. I think it's a combination of genetics and the mono that triggers it.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)