View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen View Post
I'm not positive what this is. Is this when your laying on your back with the therapist behind you and they press down on that top rib?

probly. my PT and chiro both adjusted and dropped my top ribs, but they always popped right back up....

Don't know why Jo was so lucky But she was.

my favorite 2 PT's were 1. a feldenkrais certified practitioner and 2. one who was trained in a lot of ostepathic techniques. Both looked at my body as a whole instead of just at my collar bone area (like the first PT'ers did) if PT is making your symptoms worse, tell them that and don't strain yourself. What you need is help relaxign your muscles.

I need to find a way to post something i read out of Egoscue's work, re posture, e-cises for headaches and TMJ...good stuff. Not as foolproof as he might suggest, but helpful for sure.

i know Jo had a post about him a while ago, i should go dig it up.

in any case, good luck to you both- I would vote neuro/pain mgmt doc for treatment shoudl you be able to find one. adn I think the bloot clot (vascular) folks are the onyl ones who need rush to surgery. if you are arterial you could try some good PT for a while. I also had a good xperience with botox injections.

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote