View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicory View Post
I developed a tremor this week. I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones who did not have a tremor with their Parkinson's.

Most of my life I have played guitar at church for no pay. In the last year and a half, I have started playing at some coffee houses and a summer street fair for a little pay. Last week I confirmed my first good paying gig- for the dinner hour in an upscale restaurant. (I play classical guitar.) The day this was confirmed was the day my tremor started. I hope that when I increase my meds, my symptoms will be controlled. I can still play guitar because the tremor stops when I play, but it can be hard getting started if I stop too long in between songs. Plus I have a problem with my pinky finger curling under and not always doing what I want it to.

Chicory
Congratulations on your gig. The tremor may have been the result of some stress so the more you play outside, the more you'll get used to it. I used to be so bad at public performances, that the keys would be sticking to my hands, my heart was in my head banging, and I had my knees pressed up against the keyboard.

I do know what you mean about your fingers not working. That was one of the reasons I ended up at a neurologist in the first place. Every once in awhile now, my fingers act up and do weird things. I aim for the C and the pinky will go for a G, or if I'm going for a D, the fourth finger will move instead and play anything it wants. Arggg!!! This usually happens when I am really tired and have a hard time coordinating the movements.

Like you, I've barely had any tremor until recently so I was really concerned when it started as well. I have noticed that it is worst in the morning and when I am very stressed.

I'd take it easy on the medication before jumping into it. If anything else, contact your doctor about it and see what he/she has to say.

Good luck and have fun.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote