View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I found my youngest sons baby book and started reading what I had written in it way back then (1987...I was 27).

Would you believe I found this: "I'm having spells of numbness and vision loss especially when I get too hot. Doctor is going to test for gestational diabetes."

Holy cow!! Have I had MS for 21 years?? I had mono when I was 19. I had chicken pox when I was 25 (horrible experience). Both are EBV I believe. Episodes of numbness and blurry vision when I'd get too hot - this happened frequently. It always went away when I'd cool off so I never thought much about it.

I was dx in 2005 but I think I've had this stuff for many years. This explains why my symptoms now seem so bad to me - I'm thinking "wow, this MS has progressed a lot in 3 years". But it's really over the course of at least 21 years...probably longer.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suzyqz_2007 (06-06-2008)