View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Scopolamine Patch and MRI ??????

Just a quick question, I had no clue were to post this! I have exhausted all of my doctors and pharmacy numbers and have gotten no answer. Thought maybe we had an MRI tech lurking out there.

I use the Scopolamine patch (behind the ear as directed) every 72 hours for vertigo like symptoms. Tonight is my night to change it, I get very dizzy and physically sick if I dont. Tomorrow I have an MRI w/wo contrast to investigate asymetric hearing loss and rule out an acoustic neuroma. These little patches seem to be made out of a shiny, metallic, nonporous like paper with a flesh colored vinyl cover. Will this mess with the MRI??????? I cant afford to waste any medication. If I use it tonight and need to take it off in the morning I will be short 2 days of meds, if I dont use a new one tonight I will be spinning all the way through this MRI and afterwards till it kicks in again.

I called the doctors office and they dont know, I also called 3 MRI locations and they are closed. The pharmacy says just take the new one off and use another afterwards of course. They are not reuseable as far as I know, it says not to tape them back on.

Any suggestion would be appreciated,
Michelle
labar914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote