Thread: Some musings
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi CS,
Thanks for your post - feel as though the honeymoon is over and the hard slog has begun, wake up everyday wishing for normality and finding something else. When the neuros start listening to how we experience PD, in all its varieties, at all its stages, instead of fitting us into their clinical signs, then someone maybe will be able to see what is really needed.

I struggle with most people now, I do not wish for pity, but would love some practical help sometimes, but am too proud to ask, and too proud to discuss, outside of this forum, the many different ways in which this disease has affected my life and the way I live it. Truth is I fear their pity, and cling to my independence like crazy. Perhaps this is not the best thing to do, but it is the only way I know to deal with it. Maybe people on the whole don't know what to 'do' with illness, and so don't really take it on board, maybe it scares them as much as pity scares me.

Thanks again, you always open up a rich seam of thought, your posts give me inspiration and a sense that I am not alone in this PD mess.

Best regards
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote