View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tbi, flex/ext. neck lesions?

I am wondering if I was misadiagnosed as having MS when actually, I had lesions in my neck from ext. flexion of the spinal cord, and head trauma wih little foci, 4 across from where I hit my head, and one larger one on the side where I hit my head.

The Er missed that I slightly broke bottom of C6 and top of C7. Orhto picked it up. So I never got steroids to halt progression of secondary damage to spinal cord. I also got little fxs on 3 T vertebrae and broke my arm, plus damaged a disc that was later removed at L5 S1.

I had a fall down a staircase and went through a wall. Now I understand these types of injuries open up BBB and T cells and others get involved with damage to spinal cord and brain tissues. Also those Oli somethings go into the spinal fluid because of tisse damage/repair.

My 1st nero said signal of neck lesions was indicative of spinal cord contusions. A few months later 2 more faint signals were found between the first 2. I know now that this may be because I was not properly dx at ER and given steroids. Also that "lesions" in the brain can be tissue damage from blunt force trauma to the head.

I never had any signs of MS when I was diagnosed assymptomatic. I know some doctors like to catch things early. However, I have never been seen by a head or neck trauma doctor. Your thoughts?
starfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote