Thread: Labels, etc
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lindy,

When I was going to my first neuro, he was a poor communicator and his note back to my PC doctor was not complete. I had told my neuro about the internal vibrating and increased fatigue and stiffness, and he discussed with me about some drug changes that could take place. There was no mention in the report of this discussion.

My PC doctor looked at me kind of funny and whispered in my ear, as though the walls could hear him, that perhaps I may have a mental problem instead that needs looking into. I freaked out when he said that, and I told him about the error in the report.

I was lucky because he let me choose another doctor. I ended up at the Lahey Clinic, and I have one of the top neurologists now. She is both a neurologist as well as a psychologist, and I'm treated a lot better than I was.

What gets me is the mental diagnosis is a quick and easy way to get way from finding the real problem. Rather than spending the time to dig into the problem, they would rather dash this off and hand out some pills to cover it up.

To me it sounds like your friend has MS, and by the time she was able to enter the hospital for tests, the lesions had closed.

The more I hear of stories like this, I want to puke!

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote