View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I read an intresting issue about a man needing a kidney transplant and was not allowed to be cause he used M.J. ..he was advisied by his doc to use it for his condition to help him eat and keep it down and ease the pain he had..but was not allowed to get new kidney because he used .I found this kinda shocking and didnt realize that using can be considered an easy way to have organ rejection? and did not realize that one can be taken off list because of under doc orders he or she use M.J.? so hummm on that. can one not be allowed to donate if they use M.J. if one can not be allowed to recieve?????
And too I have asked about medical implanted devices being donated. Like my stimulator and or battery and learned most of time they just trash it after. seems a waste too.
anyways thanks for this new thread AMN will be lurking and following this one. I am organ donor and so is my 17 yr old but d.h. is not but should be , guess thats what is great about the U.S.A. freedom of choice and choice of freedoms.
PEACE
BMW p.s. I started a thread about organ donation about a year ago here may hook my link to this if that is okay ..naww maybe will just p.m. you it AMN
well heck I will do both and hope I dont step on toes ....
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...organ+donation
but I know this thread you have here now AMN is leading in a diffrent direction then the link i just posted... so PLEASE ya all reply with input ....
T.Y.
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-06-2008), DM (06-07-2008), Jappy (06-08-2008)