View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I need a new BT pain reliever...soon.

Seeing my Pain Med doctor in a few days and trying to figure out what I can replace Oxycodone with.

Oxycodone works great. But the side effects will kill me.

Vicodin is not a good drug, it is like candy. Demerol has bad side effects.

Give you an example, I had been off the Oxycodone for a couple of weeks, then took 7.5 mg of Oxycodone. My Encore Pro software shows when I went back to bed, I was in solid apnea for over an hour. The Ventilator initiated most of the breaths. While taking large doses during painful oral surgery I asked my pain med Dr. if I could double my "normal" dosage, she said fine.

I fell asleep in a chair for a couple of hours and my Medic Alert Dog "alerted" my wife. She tried to wake me, but found I could could not remember how to wake up. I knew my wife and a friend were trying to wake me, but I did not know how to wake up. They gave me 100% oxygen and I finally woke up.

I was eating Chicken Noodle Soup and forgot how to swallow. I had to lean forward to let the liquid fall out of my mouth into the bowl, which I then poured out.

You may ask, why worry, just don't use it. Except I have another oral surgery coming up. I need the pain relief. I forgot to mention I am on Avinza and have been for a few years.
I am down to 30-60mg a day and realized I COULD increase the morphine, but I hate to. I was at 180mg a day and have worked my way down to this dosage.

Any experience here? I would like to have a couple of ideas before I see the main Pain Med Dr. The oxycodone sure relieves the pain fast. I hope their is a plan B that allows pain relief without shutting my brain/CNS down. Add CCHS to the mix and it means I have to find a plan B.

I am NOT addicted or dependent on the Oxycodone. If I never see another one that is fine with me. Thankfully, the Good Lord did not make me dependent on opiates. So far. Any ideas?