View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Here are the foods recommended by the breeder... as free of the allergens posted above.

Wellness
Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul
Natural Balance
California Natural

These are recommended by DogtorJ (a vet with celiac disease)...as hypoallergenic foods for dogs, Keep scrolling...the foods are listed mid-way:

Check your Science Diet label. Is there wheat or corn? If so, it might be worth a trial of a food change.

Here is the Science Diet site.

I don't know which of the formulas you are using, but I checked a few and they have wheat, corn, soy, egg, etc., even the sensitive skin formula has corn, egg, soybean oil.

IngredientsBrewers Rice, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Meal, Dried Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Beta-carotene, Rosemary Extract.

I'd ask the vet about trying one of the others I've mentioned. You can find Nutro pretty easily...but be sure to check the label as they are not all wheat free. We use the Rice and Lamb, although it does have some soybean oil in it:

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 10-23-2006 at 05:41 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote