View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Coyote,

Why do you want to come off the meds ? Do you have reason to suspect that the CRPS is in remission ? I would be very careful about messing with a formula that seems to be working.

Some conditions will require medication management for the rest of our lives. I've seen a lot of patients think that, for instance, they can stop taking their blood pressure pills because their bp has been good for over a year. Unless they have changed other things in that time period (like losing weight), their bp is good because they are taking their meds.

I'm new to CRPS. I understand that some people can have remissions, but I'm not sure if they have changes in the more visible signs of the disorder when their condition has improved. Like, does the skin get "normal looking" again and does the sweating stop ?

If your question was simply......Can someone taper off Lyrica slowly and not have complications from the taper ? Sure, that happens all the time (I've done that myself because my insurance wouldn't cover Lyrica and I was out of free samples from my doc). If your question is ..........Will my CRPS still be in control if I stop taking this med ? Then, I think that is much more complicated to answer, but the most obvious answer for most people will be that their pain will increase.

I'd definitely talk to your doctor before fiddling with any of your doses. Good Luck !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote