Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 06:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello All...just wanted to add my .02c worth, with my apologies for the lateness of the post. My local support group is very small with only 6-8 people attending regularly. Those that do manage to get there are quite senior in years and advanced in their stage of their pd journey.
Like a lot of us, I could never have imagined that I would go to a support group meeting - much less one with much older people with whom i thought i would have little in common. I was so wrong! After having pd for some 17 years I am now one of those very people( in body if not spirit) that i had sought to avoid.The realisation came suddenly with a casual remark by my teenage son,some 2 years ago (in my pre-dbs, pd horror filled days)in which he said that he hoped following my dbs i would be able to go back and "help those old people " because now i knew how hard our lives can be with pd as our friendships dwindle and how much they must enjoy just seeing each other for a chat.
DJM1 you are so right about attitude- now i enjoy the company and chat as much as they do !
Thanks for this thread Dale
Cheers
Cate
Cate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote