Thread: Some musings
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think "they" (health care, government) are doing enough for us. Everyone prior to being diagnosed with pd should be given a Pet or Spect Scan. It's hardly fair that after you are dead you may be one of the 20% who was mis-diagnosed.

You say you are depressed and why wouldn't you be after a 30 minute appointment and see you next year. What kind of support is that? Sometimes you just need someone to talk too. You should be biochemically tested if you are depressed instead they hand you another prescription assuming your serotonin level is down. Maybe you just have a chemical in-balance that can be dealt with a nutritional strategy plan.

I think of pwp who don't have computer skills or can't afford a computer that live alone or don't have family support . These are the one's I have deep compassion for. We need a pro-active movement for affordable housing, affordable health care, appropriate travel consideration, counseling, free physio and Home Care. Good god, it should all be free.

At the grass root level what can we do to make this happen?
Ibken (06-07-2008), Thelma (06-07-2008)