View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Roy--
To me, what you are describing sounds like a symptom of your infection and/or side effects of your medications. Levaquin is a pretty strong anti biotic and if your doctor put you on that, than he/she obviously believes you have some sort of infection. Infections can cause some strange and weird things to happen-- weakness, being extra tired, dizziness & balance problems-- typically with a sinus infection fluid builds up and can make your equilibrium off, and just miserable, cranky and "off". As for the anti biotic, if you are only on your 2nd day of it, you need to give it some time. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work overnight. I was on Levaquin a few months ago for a sinus infection and UTI and didn't start feeling better for about 5 days into it ( I took it for 15 days).

I don't have experience with Soma and Ambien, but I echo what the others have said in making sure to talk to your doctor and pharmacist about them. Also, make your doctors and pharmacist aware that you are also taking an anti biotic-- make sure you tell them which one; as with all meds, the more things you add, the more risk of side effects and interactions. Not that you can't take those meds together--- I've taken, and still take some currently, meds together that have had various levels of interactions and computer alerted warnings; but your pharmacis and doctor need to be aware of everything so they can decide what is in your best interest.

On a separate note, you didn't mention in your post if you have epilepsy or a seizure disorder; you only mentioned having a seizure while you were on Neurontin and Lyrica. If you are not on those meds and don;t have seizures on a regular basis, the chance of what you are experiencing now being a seizure is far, far less than some one who has epilepsy/seizures on a regular basis.

Good Luck and feel better soon !
L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote