View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 12:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chiropractic, results or hype..

Hey, I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with chiropractic care for PD. I have always felt this was overrated and that they naturally could see 100 patients and every one of them would need some sort of "adjustment". That said my daughter who is very naive signed me up for an exam out of seeking some relief for my rigidity,etc. So I went. I have never had a fall, serious injury or any neck/back pain or problems. I was told that I have a compressed C3 which I did notice was shifted posteriorly. I was also told/shown a c-spine xray and that the usual curvature of the neck has been compromised, in that my neck is practically a straight line putting adverse pressure on C1, the atlas. I naturally was very interested in this finding since I have never had any problems but also very suspicious. I have had 2 other appointments with them, gotten 2 "adjustments". Here's the funny thing-after the 2nd, one the following day I was dyskinetic like never before, I was not requiring as much sinemet, was going longer in between doses up to 4+ hours vs taking the meds every 2 hrs for YEARS. In order to get settled to where I could go to bed, I had to take a clonazepam that my wife uses for her anxiety. I have not had that occur again, this was 1 week ago. Any ideas, comments?
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote