View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Sandy:

I've told her everything you wrote. Everything. When she called me from the hospital all hysterical thinking he was dying, well, since I couldn't be there (different states, etc.), I just helped her through it.

That's when i found out she also was self medicating with liquor.

And one thing I have to make sure that you understand. You cannot boot anyone out of their house any more. At least not in the states we live in. I checked on this too. I actually spoke to a policeman asking him 'what do parents have to do to get their adult sons who drink, out of the house?"

The policeman replied "Maam, that's the single biggest call we get evey night. We respond and there's the kid drunk, and the parents are wringing their hands and they want us to cart him off to jail and put him in rehab".

Then he said: "We have to carefully explain that this is HIS residence. He has established residence, so he can't be booted anywhere. As a matter of fact, if they lock him out and change the locks, and the guy calls us, we can arrest the parents. So we have to tell the parents that the guy has rights."

He went on to explain that years ago, this law was still in effect, but no one enforced it, and parents kicked out the kids. But now, with civil rights, and the fact that the kids know their rights, well they can't be kicked out. It has to go through family court and that takes A LONG TIME.

So this is not happening. He cannot be forced out of his home. He has rights. And he knows them. He has told them so.

In my opinion, this is going to kill all of them. She's self medicating with booze at night so she can get numb, go to bed, get up, and go to work.

I told her "every single decision you make, well you are making it with a brain full of wine" She said "but I don't drink during the day". I said "doesn't matter, it's in your system"

I'm not getting through. She calls me less and less because she doesn't want to hear the truth. That's fine by me. If people can't apply what they have heard, then they are going to FALL BIG TIME.

It's only a matter of time before I get the BIG CALL that the guy's in the hospital again. She'll go nuts.

Oh brother!!

Thanks much.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY