View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaD View Post

The month of May has been pretty tough for me. I restarted my Tysabri in April, about 2 wks after that infusion I developed diahrea(sp) which I had for 5 wks. I had my 2nd infusion May 15, blood work done, White blood count was 19. Went to PCP on May 19, was immediately put in hospital where I stayed until May 30. During the time in the hospital, I had a colonoscopy to see if there was anything causing the diahrea(sp), nothing but a couple of polyps which were removed. WBC was all over the board, from 21 to 14. I was having alot of pain in lower right stomache, had a laproscopy done day after colonoscopy. I had alot of adhesions that were attached to my bowel and adominal wall, which was all removed. Final say: Infection in colon. I'm on antibiotics for another couple of weeks. Diahrea gone, but food still does not stay with me. Oh well, I have lost 12 lbs, yipeeee.

By the way, my Tysabri has been suspended until July, provided my WBC is ok.
Jeez Deb!

I'm glad they found out what was going on! I hope you get back to normal soon. It sounds like you have had your share of poking and prodding for the next few years!

Take it easy and rest when you can and get better soon! Let us know how you are doing!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote