Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi!

Caitlin had her 1st day on friday! It went great! I was actually so afraid she would miss the first day since she had a low fever all week. Well, went to the dr on wed and "just a virus" actually fever was gone by the time we went in the PM and she was making her w/c spin around the exam room (I felt like a hypochondriac!). Well, thurs morn, fever was back. Well, got another appt and we got to see her regular ped. I pointed out some "blister" looking things on her tongue that I had noticed that day....she had hand, foot, & mouth virus!! But dr said if fever was gone that she could go to school. And we had gone to the chiro earlier who suggested some apple cider vinegar. I thought what the heck, gave her a teaspoon of it before bedtime. In the morning at breakfast she said "I feel much better today!" -unsolicited! I was just happy, whatever works- time or the vinegar, she went to school!! She was excited to carry her new lunchbox! And just about jumped out of her chair with excitement when her bus came around the corner!! I have pics I will post (when I have time later this week). It was so strange to have her be gone all day...and it was so quiet with just the 2 boys (Brandon 3, Tyler 1). I think Brandon was lonely without her...they play together ALL the time. But hopefully I will find a fun class to sign the boys up for and I can have some friends over for him to play with. Our neighbor whose daughter is in Caitlin's class also has 2 other kids the same ages as my boys. The bus brought her home in the afternoon and she was all perky! The driver said Caitlin was tired but I expected that. My only worry is how I am going to find time to do her speech therapy "homework". I hope to work it into afternoon snack time hopefully, though we will have PM appts 3 days/wk (PT, ST & chiro). We went to visiting day on wednesday and she has 2 friends she already knows sitting at the same table as her so I was happy to see that. Hopefully she can just jump right in where she left off in the spring and have a great year!! Oh I am also excited for school picture day next month...my sister's friend works for the company they are using for pictures so hopefully she will do a better job than previous years pictures (a different company).

Lisa O.
andromeda31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote