View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Dear GJmom -

Assume we're talking about Portland Health Sciences (OH & SU). The department in question would be psychiatry, and what you would want to find out is whether there is an ECT coordinator (maybe an RN) who could tell you whether anyone there is working with RUL ECT as a treatment for chronic pain. That said, I just checked out its webpage for clinical trials and didn't see anything relevant, searching under both pain and RSD (http://www.ohsu.edu/research/rda/so/index.php) but that may not mean anything.

Alternatively, I have an uncle who is a relatively recently retired psychiatrist from a teaching hospital in Seattle. I don't know of he's in the country right now, but I will attempt to reach him on Sunday, on the assumption that he must know more than a few psychiatrists in Portland. Should I get a name, I will send you a PM.

Mike
fmichael~
OH & SU is the one I called. I also did not see anything on the web page, but figured I'd give it a shot. I have also called some hospitals in Seattle, Salt Lake, I have one in Florida that I will call on monday. Thank you so much for all of the info! You are the best!!!!

Linmarie~
No offense taken at all.
Loving mother of Baby D (3 months)

I have the support of a loving husband, and two wonderful children. They make me get out of bed everyday, and fight the pain of RSD
GJmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote