View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Balmygirl,

I am really glad you found another PM doc and that things are looking up for you. ITA with Kathi, the injections can be a total Godsend for some people. Just make sure your doc is very experienced in this area. Try to check out his credentials and find out how long he has been in practice and how long he has been performing these type procedures.

I have had the diagnostic injection for my lumbar facet joints but it did not work. It apparently was not the facet joints that was causing the pain. However, I have had epidural blocks for my c-spine area that worked well and gave me great relief. I've also had stellate ganglion blocks and radio frequency lesioning (RFL) for RSD in my left shoulder and left arm. These last two procedures are something they do through the front of your neck. They were NOT horrible procedures and I got great relief that lasted for several months at a time.

I would encourage you to at least try to give the injections a try, if you know for sure you have an experienced, well respected pain management doctor doing them. They could greatly help your pain and help reduce some of the pain medications you are currently having to take.

Speaking of pain meds, be sure to let your doctor know the Neurontin makes you sick and that you can not take it. Ask them to prescribe something different. IMO, you definitely need something to help treat the neuropathic pain and narcotics do not do much for this type pain.

Good luck and I hope things continue to improve for you.

Blessings,

WAR EAGLE!!

~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote