View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Steve:

Last night during our conversation, she again asked for help. I asked her permission to put her WHOLE story, on these forums. She said 'by all means, I need all the help I can get".

Well, after reading your posts, I realized that YOU ALL SAID WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG.

So she just called me, perfectly fine, perfectly sober, telling me that she was sorry, that she was in a bad way last night, but that her son had gone to a party across the street and was fine.

I simply said: "Last night you and I spoke and you gave me permission to post your whole story". She said: 'Yes, what did everybody say?"

I then said: "Be very sure you want to hear what these people had to say, because these people are fighting their own addictions, they are in recovery, they know exactly what is happening at your end and they ALL gave their take on it, so be VERY sure, you want to hear what they say".

She said: 'Well.....give me time to think about this, don't tell me yet".

See, she knows, but she doesn't want to face it.

Big denial here.

I can't do a darn thing. So I'm going to go out to a garage sale with my hubby and we shall laugh.

I feel bad for people and their addictions. But don't we ALL have SOMETHING that we are addicted to??

I ate for 50 years. BAD CHOICE.

Now I make better ones. I wonder if I'm still a food addict. I have heard, once an addict, always an addict.

I guess I'm a food recoverer (if there IS such a thing).

So thank you all for your good advice.

When she's ready, I'll print everything out for her.

Bye for now.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (06-08-2008)