View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Barb, I think cause of your post, I decided to give reading his IEP a whirl. In the past, it all seemed like gibberish...sounds so darn good on paper. Well, it took only an hour, I made several notes...the PROOF is in the IEP. He is not now able to do, what he could last year. And, according to the current IEP, he should have 1,000 something minutes of class time with his peers, he has zero....which, I can understand due to his CURRENT behaviors, but, why the heck wasn't I told as it gradually declined???

Anyhow, it'll have to get worked out. If I really thought, a different school was in his best interests, I might go for it. But I just think there was no communication, things really slipped away somehow. I hope together we can get it all no track. I'm kind of shocked, reading goals on his IEP that said they were 'met', when I know good and well he can't do them now.

Thanks so much for the confidence boost.

And btw, anytime I mention the word 'competence'...it's actually cause of RDI. It's one of the core deficits common to everyone on the spectrum.

But a preachy, postive and hopefully not too annoying cheer for RDI will have to come on another thread.

Mili
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote