View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm with you

I used to LOVE winter. Not now.

I was going over a recent glove selection at the opening of a Kohl's store the other day looking for any warm soft gloves with out a tight wrist band. They are hard to find! I found a pair with soft part cashmere lining that had some thinsulate and were knit on the outside! $10 on sale! I bought 3 pair! They were perfect! I've been wearing gloves on and off every other hour it seems since mid-August.

I never know what to wear. A long sleeve T is not heavy enough - a full length sleeve sweater for all day at work and I'll be to hot at some point.

I know my actual body temperature goes up and down at least 4 degrees every few hours. It will drop as low as 97 and go up to 101 on really painful days. No wonder I get hot and cold all day!

Since sweaters are so hard to get on and off, a woman I know offered to crochet a couple "wraps" for me. One for summer and one for winter. The Summer one is made from cotton, the winter from some soft acrylic yarn she found. It is warmer. They are like extra wide scarves, and I can just throw them on or toss them off in a hurry. Another woman I know is making one for me but knitting it. It's going to be made from some special alpaca yarn I bought that is so soft and should be super warm. Since the knitted stitch she is using will be closer together than crochet stitched one, that will make it warmer too.

They are so nice, I was thinking, it would be easy to make them from fleece type fabric - it's just a long straight piece. As long as your arms from fingertip to fingertip, and as wide as from your neck to your wrist.

That is odd though, how your body knows it's almost November, so it's going to be cold, even though you are in a warm climate. Here, it's snowing outside! We have not had a frost yet, but it's snowing! It won't stick - at least I hope not, since it's 35 outside, and I don't think the ground is cold enough for the snow to stay frozen. brrrr.

I think I will go make some hot chocolate.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote