View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default EEG results in child with PDD-NOS

My 3-year old daughter has a label of mild PDD-NOS for past language delays and language abnormalities, social anxiety and sensory integretation issues/ADHD. She is improving all of the time though and may lose her label by the time she enters kindergarten.

She had a drop seizure in April. This is the only seizure that I am aware she has ever had. Her doctor said kids on the autistic spectrum are very prone to seizures.

She had an EEG and an MRI. The MRI was normal. The EEG did not show seizure activity, but did show a general slowing of her brainwaves as compared to other kids. The neurologist explained this as a maturational delay. He said as children get older their brainwaves get faster until they reach their adult speeds. She is behind, but there could be many reasons for it. He said the finding does not indicate anything specifically and does not warrant any treatment.

I am curious if other children with EEGs have had this abnormality, and if so, how they presented. I did find some information about ADHD, and that this is a common EEG abnormality in ADHD.
pd2hgm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote