View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy Hmmmm.

Maybe I better check this out! Thanks Mel! But you know, I don't think my ISP is FAST enough to handle that place...LOL If you look at it from another point of view...there are many people who don't understand sex or intimacy.. and online activities could bridge that for them. My son had a brief fascination with the Furry community...and he outgrew it pretty quickly. You can look that up, if you have never heard of it. It was a developmental, juvenile thing for him. ( I found out after, and was pretty stunned!)

In all seriousness... A non-profit does not have to file an IRS statement, unless
the income exceeds $25,000. At one time this limit was going to be raised, so
I don't know if it has. So there does not have to be accountability.

While I agree it may disturb people to know the "truth" about OBT's admin,
the "truth" varies from individual to individual. Some things can be verified on the net.. and others cannot. I have found some interesting stuff myself. Labeling posters at OBT as "high" or the implied negative attributes suggested by Liza's post, is not respectful at all.

I agree with Nide (Bob) in that most of the folks at PN are not involved in the
politics of OBT. Many aren't.

So as Liza is stunned, I am stunned to see this thread here. DocJohn does not
need more negative attitude or accusations (that do not have EVIDENCE, but only speculation)..to bring problems to this board, about another venue.
We are lucky to have this wonderful place...let's not denigrate another place using a wonderful, generous positive one. There are emails and PMs to share your feelings.

If folks do not like OBT...then don't go there. But don't cast aspersions on those of us who choose to participate there in our own way.

I donated, I was banned, I was hurt, and I got over it. It is time others move on as well.

Sorry, off the soap box.

one more thing... remember if it were not for OBT (and all it flaws as well)
we all would not have met each other, and this thread would not even exist.
Think about that. What is more important? The politics, your disappointments, or the facts and connections we all made?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-23-2006 at 11:31 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote