View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Jo:

You will not believe what happened today. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCES.

Alan and I walked around the corner to go to a garage sale. The guy had EVERYTHING.

I look down and what do I see?? A Linksys Router, brand new in the box. I remembered that someone on this thread had a Linskys Router. I ask the guy, why are you selling this. He said "oh I have a few, it's brand new, it's $15.00" So I'm thinking, well, if I buy it now, I'll always have a router. The guy goes, (he really thought I didn't know anything, you have to hear this story).

He goes: 'if you have a computer, you need a router". I said "no you don't". He says "yes you do". I said 'really?? please enlighten me". He goes. "you can't use the computer without a router". I said 'I have a HP Media Center with Verizon DSL, and I don't need any router". His eyes got big as saucers. He says 'Oh you have DSL". Then we are about to leave and I was telling Alan I was thinking of SOMEDAY buying a laptop. The guy goes "I have a laptop for sale". My ears pricked up and I said 'where? and he goes "in the house".

He goes and comes out with this OLD Compaq. I said "why are you selling this? And he goes "Oh, I just bought a Dell, this screen is too big for me, it's 17 inches and I got a 14 inch Dell." I said plug it in. I ask him "how old is this laptop?" and he scratches his chin and goes: 'Oh, it's 3 years old". I then ask him the kicker. "What's the operating system". He answers me "Oh, I have no idea, I only used it in my car, and only to work on".

I looked at Alan. The guy tries to turn it on. it doesn't turn on. I check the back and it had parallel ports and serial ports. NO USB PORTS. So this thing was OLD, right??

I then remark that it only has parallel ports and serial ports and no USB ports, and the guy looks at me like I have 3 heads and says "what's a USB port, THEN HE SAYS:

"I really don't know that much about computers'.

I'm supposed to believe this man has 2 laptops, but he doesn't know the operating system of this one, and he doesn't know USB ports but he used the laptop in his car all the time. Good grief.

We thanked him and walked away. Alan said "what was wrong with that laptop??" I said: 'it's old, and we want a new one with the latest operating system".

Alan looked at me and said: 'you really know stuff don't you". I then remarked:

"No, I learn from Jo and the others on the computer boards"

lol lol lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-09-2008)