View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithS View Post
Probably good advice.

I have an appt. with my therapist this afternoon. I haven't seen her for several years, and I don't know that I really need therapy right now, but I mostly want to pick her brain about disability.

She had said once that she is often effective in helping people get approved. I think they are denying more freq now than they used to, but I'll see if she can help, and if I can try that route instead of signing the papers with the attorney, who would collect 25%. I can prob wait to hire them if I need to go to court.

Still not sure about the not working thing. The para-legal that we talked to at the attorney's office said it was OK to work, but recommended that I not get too close to the $900 limit, because SSA might say, if I can work that much, why can't I work more, and why do I need disability.

~ Faith

Faith,
So sorry to hear you're going through a job loss. I hope things work out for you with a job that gives you more fullfillment of the disability. Even though it sounds like the disability is not what you want.

Good luck and God Bless!
Kathy